TAKE THE SURVEY

If you live in Meadowcreek please take a few minutes to take our survey. We want to know what you think!
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9QW9Q8K

Thursday, February 18, 2010

ARE WE A PART OF A BIGGER PROBLEM?

This Letter from a Quail Valley East Community Association Owner to Missouri City Mayor Allen Owen was posted on the American Homeowners Resource Center website. Note some names that you might recognize (in bold and underlined by Blogger). Do you think the problem might be bigger than many of us realize?

From: LYNNE MOYER
3434 Quail Meadow
Missouri City, TX 77489

Date: October 10, 2007 9:15PM PDT

Subject: Q.V.E.C.A. CHARGES $3,000 LATE FEE FOR $96 YEARLY ASSESSMENT THAT HAS BEEN PAID FOR 31 YEARS

Missouri City, Texas Mayor - Allen Owen:

October 10, 2007

Your Honorable Mayor Allen Owen

I am a single professional woman and feel I am the victim of harassment, over-reaction, and inappropriate use of power by Quail Valley East Community Association over the original payment of $96 that I have been paying for 31 years. How many original people even still own property in Quail Valley East?

I wish to seek counsel, audience; or may I ask you to please help me; or, perhaps to guide me to an appropriate person who can assist me?

I have been a home owner at 3434 Quail Meadow, Missouri City, TX. 77459 since July, 1976.

I have been paying the Quail Valley East Community Association Annual Assessment for 31 years.

This past year through the present has been a major disruption in my life and I have for the first time in my life gone on medical leave as of June of this year. As a Pharmacist working 12 hour days looking down at an ergonomically too low counter I have managed to destroy 6 out of 7 disks in my neck accompanied with bone spurs and protrusions, a dislocated shoulder and several compromised disks in my back. I have been in the hospital 5 times since June. I have been staying with a friend ensuring I would have assistance if needed.

Last month I was looking at my taxes and found the Quail Valley E Comm. Assn. bill in a sealed envelope. I really thought I had already paid the fee. I sent the payment along with a letter describing the circumstances as well as faxing a letter notifying the Marshall Management Group, Inc. of the circumstances and that the check was sent certified mail.

I have now received notice from The Holoway Jones Law Firm, P.L.L.C.that my offer was not acceptable. I owe collection charges; which I will pay the difference of the $186 charged and the $125 I submitted.

They claim "The plaintiff claims $3,000 as attorney's fees and the recovery of court costs." They propose a settlement of $2,028.99 for the Plaintiff-Quail Valley East Community Association, Inc. who I have been paying for 31 years. This is outrageous and a complete misuse of power as well as a personal attack on myself.

Please help me.

Thank YOU

5 comments:

  1. You need to post all your information to that database too along with the political connections so others moving to the area can be informed of what they are buying into. Good digging MC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why the Texas Legislature, needs to "dethrone" HOA's. They have consistantly abused the power orginally vested in them by the State.
    It was a great "concept" to be able to regulate oddballs, deadbeats,and keep an neiborhoods uniform.
    Unfortunately, the HOA's have turned this into a whipp to beat homeowners and abused the court syatem to do it.
    Please write you legislators and demand changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texas Homeowners for HOA Reform Education Fund, Inc. will host its second State Conference on Saturday, March 6, 2010. It will be held from 8:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. in the Parish Hall of Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, 4930 West Bellfort Avenue, Houston, TX 77035 (Just off the West Loop). The conference fee is $25.00 which includes a box lunch.

    http://www.texashoareform.org/Registration.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The answer to the question, "Are we a part of a bigger problem?" is an absolutely and unambiguous YES! But these HOAs work best when they are able to "divide" and conquer residents. Meadow Creek is the front line on the HOA front. Please make reservations now and come to the Conference March 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree golfin buddy. The poor smucks that went up before the Texas Supremes without an attorney didn't realize the mess they were placing the rest of us in when they faced the industry lobbyist and lawyers. I remember last year the media stir when it was exposed that the TX Sup. were accepting regular campaign gifts from Bob Perry and his PAC and rulling on cases against the average homeowners. People do need to organize a get angry that they have been sold out in this fashion on the local level in MC and at the county DAs office and state level too. We all need to wake-up and smell the coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Please refrain from using profanity or making statements that could be considered libellous. Comments that violate this policy will be removed.